LightFair will present selected courses from its 2020 Conference program online as “LightFair Connect” from July 21-23. The virtual conference will feature more than 60 hours of accredited courses and more than 50 sessions presented in seven educational tracks. LightFair Connect is inspired by demand for online learning that was expressed by the lighting community in the wake of the cancellation of the 2020 Conference – which was set to be one of the most comprehensive and well-attended in the industry – due to the COVID-19 crisis.
“Even in these unusual times, there’s no lockdown on learning,” notes Dan Darby, LightFair show director. “It’s important now more than ever for lighting professionals to update their knowledge and stay connected with the latest in the industry. LightFair Connect 2020 is designed to support professional growth, enrich knowledge, encourage the earning of professional credentials and further expand industry connections from the comfort of home.”
LightFair Connect sessions will be presented as 60-minute and 90-minute webinars with time for attendees to interact with the speakers and ask questions after learning from pre-recorded sessions.
LightFair Connect presents seven new educational tracks that were set to debut at the 2020 Conference. They are:
- Application & Evidence-Based Design: Focuses on methodology, design trends, tools and insights used to enable project success in the field of lighting
- Design Tools: Covers the tools the industry may use to bring its designs to fruition
- Human Experience + Environment: Explores the influence of lighting on the human experience and the environment
- Innovation + Process: Explores sources of inspiration that inform the design process along with technology development
- Professional Practice: Focuses on the development and evolution of professional strategies
- Technology and Integration: Focuses on the design and specification of components and software that advance technology in the lighting industry
- Mix and Match: Samples courses from each of six niche tracks
All LightFair Connect courses will offer CEU / Learning Units / Certification Maintenance Points
for the American Institute of Architects, American Society of Interior Designers, American Society of Landscape Architects, Building Owners and Managers Association International, Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education, International Association of Lighting Designers, Interior Designers of Canada, Interior Design Continuing Education Council, International Interior Design Association, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers or Illuminating Engineering Society.
Registration for LightFair Connect opens on June 24. Cost to attend is $40 for a 90-minute seminar and $30 for a 60-minute seminar. The full conference scheduled and registration are available online at LightFair.com/conference.