Saint Luke’s Multispecialty Clinic – Blue Springs, Missouri, has been selected as an Award of Merit winner for the 2019 United States Green Building Council West North Central Leadership Awards in the “Innovative Design, New Construction” category.
The $11.6-million, LEED Silver-certified clinic, was built to provide specialized and highly flexible outpatient care, including imaging, pharmacy and labs. Sustainable measures are at the core of the design, which prioritizes future unknowns such as expansion and adaptation to community healthcare needs. Other impacts which were instrumental in the design include:
- Significant reduction in water usage, including improved stormwater management
- Increased business productivity and patient satisfaction
- Diversion of landfill waste during construction
- Material selection for finishes and furnishings
- Walking trails and strategic daylighting to promote patient and employee wellness
- Electric vehicle charging stations
Hoefer Wysocki served as architect; McCown Gordon was the general contractor.