The Health Care Institute has announced the expansion of its Board of Directors to include professionals from the higher education sector. Added were facilities professionals and professors from Georgia Tech, Carnegie Mellon, Arizona State and BYU.
Accepting nomination to the expanded board are:
- Kathy O. Roper, CFM, MCR, LEED AP, IFMA Fellow, Professor of Integrated Facility and Property Management, Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia
- Allan D. Chasey, Ph.D., PE, LEED AP, Program Chair and Sundt Professor of Alternative Delivery and Sustainable Development, Del E Webb School of Construction, Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona
- Burcu Akinci, Ph.D., Professor, Carnegie Mellon University, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Dr. Jeffrey Campbell, Ph.D., IFMA Fellow, Chair of Facilities Management Program at Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Mike Wood, Director of Healthcare Market Development for Oldcastle. Wood fills a board vacancy.
The leadership team appointments bring more than a century of experience to HCI. Background on the leaders is available at http://hci.ifma.org/about/leadership-team.
For more information about HCI, visit the organization’s website at http://hci.ifma.org.
Posted August 4, 2014