A critical care solution to the shortage of hospital beds due to the coronavirus pandemic has been introduced by collaborators in the healthcare construction market. The STAAT Mod (Strategic, Temporary, Acuity-Adaptable Treatment) is a prefabricated modular solution designed by HGA and constructed by The Boldt Company for distribution nationwide. It can be deployed in diverse environments from convention centers to freestanding hospital expansions. A focus of these units is the safety of healthcare workers treating patients with COVID-19.
HGA and The Boldt Company have partnered with Tweet/Garot, Faith Technologies and IMEG to provide the STAAT Mod solution, available now, that can be configured for the following applications:
- Two-room isolation unit designed for use in an interior shelter, such as in a convention center. This unit can be rapidly deployed from the point of order.
- Eight-bed unit of critical care isolation rooms consisting of four two-bed modules designed to connect to a hospital or existing structure.
- 12-bed unit of negative-pressure open-bays consisting of four three-bed open bays modules connected to the central support spine. An infinite number of additional self-sustaining tiers can be added.
Multiple independent modules can connect to each other or to a hospital with segregated spaces for patient care and healthcare workers. The units allow additional capacity to be added or re-deployed to sites where the need is greater.
STAAT Mod product features include:
- Design developed and tested through VR simulation exercises by experts, including critical care nurses trained in COVID-19 protocols, a hospital environment specialist in infection control and Lean process engineers for rapid construction and delivery
- Hospital-level clinical care for infection control, patient isolation, access to life-saving technology and isolation rooms if needed for extended periods of time
- Safety provisions for healthcare workers through standardized design, centrally located supplies and segregated staff workspaces
- Pre-fabrication for speed, quality and safety for contractors
- Costs significantly less than conventional construction
The CDC recommends Airborne Infection Isolation Rooms for patients with infectious disease as coronavirus is spread via respiratory droplets or from droplet contact on surfaces. To create environments that extend hospital-level care, the STAAT Mod meets CDC guidelines to provide immediate critical care to coronavirus patients.
Learn more about the STAAT Mod Solution, including renderings and product details at: https://hga.com/staat-mod.
All renderings courtesy of HGA and The Boldt Company.
Posted May 1, 2020