CAMARILLO, Calif. — Construction has commenced on Dignity Health’s St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital’s new patient addition and hospital modernization project in Camarillo, California, marked by a recent commemorative groundbreaking ceremony hosted by the St. John’s Healthcare Foundation.
The 72,342-square-foot addition will meet state-required seismic safety standards for acute care facilities. When the project is complete, acute care services located in the existing hospital will be relocated to the new building addition.
The new patient addition and modernization improves wayfinding by aligning the new services with the existing emergency department, imaging and intensive care unit. New features include:
- 50 private patient-centered care rooms
- Dining area/kitchen and servery
- Main entrance/lobby/gift shop/chapel/pharmacy
- State-of-the-art surgery suite including:
- 2 general operating rooms
- 1 orthopedic operating room
- 1 cardiac catheterization lab
- pre-operative/post-anesthesia care unit
- central sterile supply