CAMARILLO, Calif. — The design/build team of Kitchell/Devenney Group was given approval to begin construction of Dignity Health’s St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital’s new patient addition and hospital modernization project by the City of Camarillo Planning Commission.
The 72,342-square-foot addition will meet state-required seismic safety standards for acute-care facilities. When the project is complete, acute care services located in the existing hospital will be relocated to the new building addition.
For the past eight months, Kitchell/Devenney Group has worked in concert with stakeholders, including community members, to ensure all groups impacted by construction are fully apprised of plans and phasing.
The new patient addition and modernization improves wayfinding by aligning the new services with the existing emergency department, imaging and ICU.
New features include:
- 50 private, patient-centered rooms
- Dining area / kitchen and servery
- Main entrance / lobby / gift shop / chapel / pharmacy
- Central sterile supply
- A state-of-the-art surgery suite including:
- 2 general operating rooms
- 1 orthopedic operating room
- 1 cardiac catheterization lab
- Pre-operative/post-anesthesia care unit