Presence Health President & CEO Sandra Bruce, and city community leaders including 44th Ward Ald. Tom Tunney, were recently present as the final beam was raised to top out the new 380,000-square-foot Presence Center for Advanced Care in Chicago, Illinois. Upon completion, the center will include three floors of medical offices, three floors of parking and three floors of ambulatory care, including a 23,000-square-foot comprehensive cancer center.
The ambulatory center is an example of how Presence is transforming healthcare. This new model of care will give patients access to primary and specialty care all under one roof. The nine-story building is located on Presence Saint Joseph Hospital campus at 2845 North Sheridan Rd. Physicians will work with multi-disciplinary teams to provide preventive care, diagnostic evaluations and treatment to patients, demonstrating Presence’s ongoing commitment to treating patient’s mind, body and spirit. Extensive in-house services include:
- A comprehensive cancer center with cutting edge radiation therapy technology, expert physicians, nurse navigators and an Integrative Medicine Center.
- An integrated orthopedic, sports medicine and physical therapy center.
- State-of-the art Center for Digestive Health.
- Presence Chicago Institute of Advanced Bariatrics.
- An outpatient surgery center that is connected to the hospital via a skybridge.
- A comprehensive Woman’s Imaging Center with new lower dose 3-D mammography and breast tomosynthesis.
- A diabetes education and wellness program.
- A community conference center, area for prayer, meditation or spiritual reflection and physician offices.
Designed by RTKL, the center, which is targeting LEED Gold, is scheduled to open its doors to patients in September 2015. CBRE is providing project management services; Hammes Company served as project developer and Power Construction Company provided a full scope of construction services. The project remains on-budget and on-schedule.
Rendering courtesy of RTKL.