Subscribe Now

Keep up with the latest news with our magazine and e-newsletter free subscription
Subscribe to our E‑Newsletter

Stegenga + PARTNERS selected to Repair Landmark Building Facade at Atlanta Veterans Administration Medical Center

2010-11-22_132148Atlanta-based architectural practice plays key role to fulfill President Lincoln’s promise “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan”

ALPHARETA, GA – Stegenga + PARTNERS, the leading architectural practice for healthcare providers, announced today their role as the local team member for the repair and restoration of the historic Atlanta Veterans Administration Medical Center facade. The Atlanta VA is been a landmark facility along Clairmont Road, bordering the Emory University campus.

Stegenga + PARTNERS will serve as the local Architect and Owners’ Advocate for the design team that includes Willow Design and Sutton-Kennerly.

Willow Design, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with projects for the VA in Oregon, Washington State, Montana, Pennsylvania, and Georgia will serve as the Projects lead professional.

Sutton-Kennerly Engineers (SKE) in Greensboro, North Carolina, will performed the investigation and existing condition survey of the exterior brick masonry walls, windows and other building materials within the façade. SKE will establish remedial measures that address leakage and deficiencies throughout the building facade and affect most areas of the hospital.

The Atlanta VA Medical Center was designed and constructed in 1966 to provide veterans the world-class benefits and services they have earned – and to do so by adhering to the highest standards of compassion, commitment, excellence, professionalism, integrity, accountability, and stewardship.

Georgia is home to 770,000 veterans, and 453,000 of them live in the counties served by the Atlanta VA Medical Center. The Hospital treated 67,321 unique patients and had 681,629 outpatient visits in 2009.
2010-11-23_111553
Gregson & Associates was the original Architect of the hospital. The main hospital consists of a two story base and a ten story patient tower. An Ambulatory Care addition was completed the late 1980’s and a Clinical Addition in 1998. Wilfred J. Gregson began practicing architecture in
Atlanta in 1939 until his death in 1998, and was the founder of the Society of American Registered Architects (SARA) in 1958.

Stegenga + PARTNERS is a professional practice, providing Architecture, Consulting, Medical Planning, Interior Design, Program Management, and Advocacy to clients in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean, and the Middle East, emphasizing evidence-based planning and design with clinical indicators and economic outcomes that reward quality measures and productivity.

Tags:

Posted November 22, 2010

More Articles: