SPRINGFIELD, Ohio– Speedway SuperAmerica has provided a major boost to the capital campaign for the new Springfield Regional Medical Center with a $500,000 commitment over the next five years.
The $250-million hospital project remains on budget and ahead of schedule for its projected opening of January 2012. The new facility is a 254-bed full-service hospital that will serve Clark and Champaign counties for decades to come.
“Our new hospital will have a tremendous impact on the community, and we are grateful to Speedway for supporting that vision,” said Mark S. Wiener, President and CEO of Community Mercy Health Partners. “Speedway is an excellent example of a corporate citizen who steps forward in the role of a community partner.”
Said Tony Kenney, President of Speedway SuperAmerica LLC, “Supporting Springfield’s new hospital serves two purposes. It enables us to live our values in a tangible way and also helps to ensure the sustainability of the communities we serve.”
The new Springfield Regional Medical Center features all private rooms that are 50 percent larger than current rooms. Other patient room features include:
- Patients can control the environment. From the bed they can control room lighting, temperature, nurse call and flat panel TV.
- Pull-out couch to accommodate family members. There are no set visiting hours so patients can have ongoing support of loved ones.
- In-Ceiling Patients Lifts in at least 6 rooms in every unit for nurse and patient safety.
- Anti-microbial paint and metal to maintain cleaner, more sterile environment.
The new hospital will include the most advanced medical technology and many other key features:
- Expanded Emergency Department with all-private exam rooms; no more cubicle curtains.
- Attractive 3-story atrium with 46-feet high windows overlooking healing garden.
- Expansive dining area with large windows and walk-out terrace with seating for about 50.
- Pediatric care in 6-bed observation/short stay area up to 72 hours.
More information about the new hospital, including a 24/7 Webcam, is available at SpringfieldRegional.org.
About SPEEDWAY SUPERAMERICA:
Speedway SuperAmerica LLC (SSA), headquartered in Enon, Ohio, is one of the nation’s largest company-owned and -operated convenience store chains and the largest in the Midwest with approximately 1,600 stores located in nine states. Most of the stores are operated under the Speedway and SuperAmerica brand names. SSA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO). For further information about SSA, visit the Company’s web site at www.speedway.com.
About COMMUNITY MERCY HEALTH PARTNERS
Community Mercy Health Partners (CMHP) is a regional healthcare system serving the communities of Clark, Champaign, and Montgomery counties. CMHP is focused on improving access to higher quality health care services, enhancing the recruitment and the development of resources for new health programs, and broadening the medical services for the underserved.
CMHP—which includes Springfield Regional Medical Center, Mercy Memorial Hospital in Urbana, long-term care facilities, retirement communities and a variety of outpatient and outreach services—is a member of Catholic Healthcare Partners of Cincinnati, the largest not-for-profit health system in Ohio and one of the largest in the nation. To learn more about Community Mercy Health Partners, visit www.Community-Mercy.org.